TOKYO – Nikon Vision Co., Ltd., (Nikon Vision), a subsidiary of Nikon Corporation (Nikon), is pleased to announce that lightweight and compact 30mm-diameter models (8×30 and 10×30) will be available in the MONARCH HG series of binoculars, which are the most advanced models in the history of MONARCH binoculars.
These 30mm-diameter models were designed to achieve both compactness and light weight, and their magnesium alloy body weighs only approx. 450g (15.9 oz). A sharp and clear view all the way to the periphery while maintaining a wide field of view with natural colour fidelity, that are features of MONARCH HG 42mm-diameter models, are also provided in the smaller body of these new 30mm-diameter models.
As with other models in the MONARCH HG series, these new binoculars are made in Japan, feature an innovated exterior and deliver the finest performance among MONARCH models. That’s because of the wide apparent field of view (60.3° for the 8×30 and 62.2° for the 10×30) that provides spectacular viewing. While achieving a wide field of view, the Field Flattener Lens System assures a sharp and clear view all the way to the lens periphery. The use of extra-low dispersion (ED) glass, moreover, corrects chromatic aberration that causes colour fringing, thus also realising a contrast-rich and high-resolution image.
A high-quality multilayer coating is applied to all lenses and prisms. Dielectric high-reflective multilayer coating and phase correction coating are applied to the roof prisms. All this combines to achieve a bright view with light transmittance of up to 92% or higher, plus natural colour fidelity.
The compact body is made of magnesium alloy and offers waterproof/fogproof performance (up to 5m/16.4 ft for 10 min.) with nitrogen gas. This higher level of performance prevents fogging inside the optical system even in low-pressure environments up to altitudes of 5,000m/16,404 ft equivalent.
These new models are supplied with a neck strap that reduces strain on the user’s neck, and a semi-hard type case. Nikon MONARCH HG 30mm-diameter binoculars feature compactness and a lightweight body while maintaining superior optical performance, making them ideal for enthusiasts of bird- or nature-watching, and many other kinds of outdoor activities, who want to travel light.
- Wide apparent field of view (60.3° for 8×30 and 62.2° for 10×30). While realising a wide field of view, the Field Flattener Lens System assures a sharp and clear view all the way to the lens periphery.
- Extra-low dispersion (ED) glass corrects chromatic aberration that causes colour fringing and realises a contrast-rich and high-resolution image
- High-quality multilayer coating is applied to all lenses and prisms while dielectric high-reflective multilayer coating is applied to the roof prisms, achieving up to 92% or higher light transmittance, which enables a bright view and natural colour fidelity
- Phase-correction-coated roof prisms for high resolution and contrast
- Scratch-resistant coating is applied on the objective lens and eyepiece surfaces
- Long eye relief design ensures a clear field of view, even for eyeglass wearers
- Lead- and arsenic-free glass is used for all lenses and prisms
- Turn-and-slide rubber eyecups with multi-click facilitate easy positioning of eyes at the correct eyepoint
- Dioptre adjustment ring locking system prevents unintentional rotation
- Sturdy, lightweight magnesium alloy body (approx. 450g/15.9 oz only)
- Superior waterproof/fogproof performance with a nitrogen-filled body that resists water pressure to a depth of up to 5m/16.4 ft for 10 minutes and prevents fogging inside the optical system even in low-pressure environments up to altitudes of 5,000m/16,404 ft equivalent
- Soft-to-the-touch neck strap
- Objective lens caps are integrated to prevent loss. Interchangeable objective rubber rings without caps are included and can be switched according to applications.
- Optional tripod adaptor enables attachment to a tripod [TRA-3/Adaptor H (hard type)]
|MONARCH HG 8×30||MONARCH HG 10×30|
|Objective diameter (mm)||30||30|
|Angular field of view (Real/degree)||8.3||6.9|
|Angular field of view (Apparent/degree)||60.3||62.2|
|Field of view at 1,000m (m)||145||121|
|Field of view at 1,000 yd. (ft)||435||362|
|Exit pupil (mm)||3.8||3.0|
|Eye relief (mm)||16.2||15.2|
|Close focusing distance (m/ft)||2.0/6.6||2.0/6.6|
|Interpupillary distance adjustment (mm/in.)||56-74/2.2-2.9||56-74/2.2-2.9|